The cheese, broccoli, and potato soup are delicious. This recipe, with a creamy consistency, is an excellent option to incorporate vegetables into the diet.
Have you ever tried broccoli soup with potatoes and cheese? Although it doesn’t have as much of a reputation as other soups, it’s a great option to enjoy on cool days.
Therefore, below we offer you a recipe that you can make at home without major complications. Are you ready ? Here we are !
Cheese, broccoli and potato soup: the recipe
Vegetable soups are a classic and simple way to consume vegetables. Well, depending on the ingredients that are added, these dishes can be more or less healthy.
You can incorporate vegetables that are not usually among the favorites of the people, such as broccoli. Fortunately, broccoli potato soup with cheese is one of the recipes in which broccoli goes unnoticed.
- 1 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 30 grams of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of liquid milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 grams of pastry cream
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 medium potato
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 clove garlic
Step by Step
- Clean and prepare the vegetables. Wash broccoli, potato, carrot and onion. Remove the skins with a knife or potato peeler, then cut into evenly sized cubes.
- Place all vegetables except broccoli in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of hot water. Cook for 15 minutes, until the potato is tender and the onion is transparent.
- After this time, add the vegetable broth and cover again. Cook over low heat. Stir from time to time and add more broth if you notice that it evaporates more than necessary.
- Now it’s time to add the broccoli. Cook 5 more minutes. Do not stop stirring or controlling the amount of liquid.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Place the contents of the skillet into a hand mixer or food processor.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into cubes or run it through a grater to cut it into strips.
- Add the pepper, a pinch of salt (consider that the cheese is already high in sodium), milk, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese.
- Turn on the equipment and wait until the entire mixture becomes homogeneous. When you’re done, return the contents to the pan and reheat.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the garlic clove in half, finely chop the celery stalk, and add these ingredients to the pan.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with a splash of water. Keep in mind that the water should be at room temperature to prevent lumps from forming. Take a few minutes.
- Then place the pastry cream in the pan and season with the nutmeg. Start stirring and add the dissolved cornstarch. When doing this, it’s important to keep stirring, as this last ingredient will thicken the soup.
- Test the flavor and, if you think it is necessary, you can add more salt and pepper.
- Once the food has the flavor you want and the consistency is creamy, the Broccoli Cheese Potato Soup is ready to eat. You just have to serve it in a deep plate and add the grated cheese. You can enjoy this delicious meal with homemade bread or toast.
Cheese, broccoli and potato soup: try it!
Nutrition professionals recommend the daily consumption of one serving of raw vegetables and one serving of cooked vegetables (400 grams per day). Vegetable-based soups and broths help in weight loss and in the control of diseases such as fatty liver, high cholesterol and diabetes, among other metabolic pathologies.
But beware, the cheese, broccoli and potato soup has cream and cheese cheddar cheesefatty, high-sodium foods. Therefore, it is not recommended for people suffering from high blood pressure, triglycerides and hypercholesterolemia.
Of course there are lighter variants. Other vegetables can be added, in addition to those mentioned. Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower are some examples.
One point to consider is that cream and cheddar cheese, in addition to providing flavor and consistency, also provide saturated fat. For this reason, the recipe can be heavy and cause indigestion.
This is an aspect that differentiates it from other light soups. However, this soup is so good that you won’t regret making it.
This may interest you…
This article first appeared at https://amelioretasante.com/recette-de-soupe-fromage-broccoli-et-pommes-de-terre/
#Cheese #broccoli #potato #soup #recipe #TELES #RELAY